Mr. Bazaar on Instagram!

COPYRIGHT © 2009 - 2012 BRIGHT.BAZAAR

Wednesday 29 June 2011

Home Tour: Susan Collier's Country Colourful

Photography by James Balston | Originally seen in BBC Homes & Antiques
You may notice one continued theme throughout all the spaces in this home... the beautiful textiles. It's no surprise that this is the case as the home belonged to London-based textile designer, Susan Collier. Susan sadly passed away earlier this year, but several years ago her delightful home was photographed by James Balston, and I wanted to celebrate Susan's excellent style here today. Her quirky home was decorated with numerous fabric patterns, from throws and cushions to table linens and curtains, all of which show how Collier's home was a homage to her love of textiles. Her colour choices were confident and bold: sunny yellow in the living room through to pastel pink hues in the kitchen and bathroom. Meanwhile, a refreshing white palette in the formal living room was interspersed with weathered greens and dusky pinks in the rose pattern fabric. This really was a welcoming, unpretentious and charming home. What do you like about this colourful London home?

18 comments:

  1. How refreshingly bright, bold and truly eclectic!! Love this tour, thank you for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of that yellow. And the unabashed floral motif. So happy and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bright colours and bold textiles! I want to move in :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. it would be impossible to be unhappy in this home. so fun. thanks for sharing! while i won't be painting my kitchen pink this weekend, i'm loving some of these details and color combos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The fabrics and mix of colors in this house is so gorgeous. I love the white wooden floors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's some amazing and brave decorating right there. I like the bathroom the best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, I love each and every picture, they´re all so bold and bright! Perfect summery decoration that will certainly cheer you up in the winter :) One word : PERFECTION!

    I´ve just discovered your blog and immediately fell in love with all the things you share! I´m your new follower :)

    xx Ivana

    Hope you´ll have some time to check out my lifestyle blog :)
    http://styleinthecityen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What is to dis-like! I love it all, the colours, the bold bright prints and accessories...but i love that if you wanted to escape the colour there was that lovely calm white living room to retreat to.xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. While I agree this is indeed a home with wonderful details... I am not so sure about that yellow color on the walls! It's too... something, too green, too bright, I don't know. Not a color I would paint on the wall...
    To each his own! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness, the colours are gorgeous!! Such a summery feel to this house. Thanks for sharing :)
    ~el

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how feminine each room looks. The colour, the details and all the trinkets make it very charming and full of character.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is definitely some major color! I really love the yellow, red and turquoise combo.

    ReplyDelete
  13. ooooh fun! love me some yellow.. did yellow/white stripes in my entry!
    new follower.. great job on simplified bee's challenge! :)
    blessings -tracie

    ReplyDelete
  14. This home makes me happy. I love her use of colors and different patterns in every room, everything looks so warm, cozy and inviting.

    Happy Wednesday!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am loving that pink kitchen and bathroom! and the design on the tub!! Wowazs!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. While this is totally not my style, I think it looks like a home that would feel good to spend time in - it's cozy and cheerful. Those are two things I believe are important for people to try to achieve with their homes over here in the UK, because the weather can be so drab. Great post - love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love it all, do you think she will mind if I move in with her?

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would love to be able to throw all those patterns and colours together! so much fun!
    Rachie xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - each one makes my day!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
window.location.href="http://www.brightbazaarblog.com/?blogger=http://brightbazaar.blogspot.com/2011/06/home-tour-susan-colliers-country.html";